At IBP Editing Services, our clients enjoy the benefits of quality technical translation service. This is because we believe that employing subject-matter experts (SMEs) to translate our clients’ papers provides us an upper hand in further guaranteeing the quality of our work and in ensuring a hassle-free publishing experience for our clients.
Having the right technical background and solid knowledge of the languages is not sufficient to meet our standards. Our technical translators also must be good writers. Indeed, translation is the art of taking a thought from one language and expressing it clearly, precisely and idiomatically in writing in another language. A well-translated text reads as if it were written in the target language in the first place.
What do technical translators do?
They assist students to translate and organise papers by helping to:
- Make technical texts with technical jargon readable for a wider audience.
- Convey the meaning of the highly-specialized technical documentation from one language to another.
- Ensure that technical translation of terminology comply with recognized standards.
Therefore, to help our clients in getting the most out of translation service, we are constantly seeking professional translators (English-Malay-English) to work with us. An academic translator typically needs to have the following qualities:
- Proficiency and competency in English and Malay
- Is able to translater scientific papers from one language to another by keeping the meaning of the original text intact.
- Has a wide range of vocabulary and is familiar with terminologies used in the languages they translate.
- Has prior experience in academic publishing during postgraduate studies or in technical translation.
- Professional experience in his or her field of expertise
- Certification by Malaysian Institute of Translation and Books (ITBM)
We prefer translator profiles that reflect the following qualities:
- Master’s/PhD/postdoctoral research experience (studies conducted, papers written/published, papers reviewed, etc.)
- Certificate/experience in academic writing, publishing, etc.
- Experience in technical translation (English-Malay-English)
- Knowledge of style (such as APA, CMS, AMA, CSE, and IEEE) and conventions followed in academic writing
- Certification by Malaysian Institute of Translation and Books (ITBM) (for translators)
If you think you have what it takes to be a technical translator and would like to scale up your career to the dot com or lap top lifestyle, contact us today and we will get in touch with you for further information!
Applicants must also sign a confidentiality agreement and adhere to our Professional Translator Code of Conduct and Ethics.