At IBP Editing Services, our clients enjoy the benefits of quality developmental editing and translation services. This is because we believe that employing qualified experts to edit and translate our clients’ papers provides us an upper hand in further guaranteeing the quality of our work and in ensuring a hassle-free publishing experience for our clients.
Additionally, we hire technical reviewers to ensure that a subject-matter expert is able to provide constructive criticisms on content in the event where the academic editor assigned to edit a paper is not a subject-matter expert.
What do technical reviewers do?
They assist students to review papers by helping to:
- comment on ethical questions and possible research and publication misconduct raised by submissions (e.g. unethical research design, insufficient detail on patient consent or protection of research subjects (including animals), inappropriate data manipulation and presentation)
- comment on the originality of submissions and to be alert to redundant publication and plagiarism
- review papers without bias or judge papers based on self-interest
- produce courteous, high quality and on-time reviews
Therefore, to help our clients in getting the most out of an academic editing service, we are constantly seeking professional academic editors to work with us. An academic editor typically needs to have the following qualities:
- The ability to understand scientific texts in English or Malay (for Malay manuscripts)
- Has the ability to review papers without bias and conflict in interest
- Is able to treat papers they review as private and confidential without infringing the rights of the author in any possible ways.
- Has prior experience in academic publishing during postgraduate studies
- Extensive subject-matter expertise
We prefer reviewer profiles that reflect the following qualities:
- Master’s/PhD/postdoctoral research experience (studies conducted, papers written/published, papers reviewed, etc.)
- Certificate/experience in publishing high impact scientific journals.
- A subject-matter expert who keeps him/herself updated on his/her field of expertise.
If you think you have what it takes to be a technical reviewer and would like to scale up your career to the dot com or lap top lifestyle, contact us today and we will get in touch with you for further information!