At IBP Editing Services, our clients enjoy the benefits of quality developmental editing. This is because we believe that employing qualified editors to edit our clients’ papers provides us an upper hand in further guaranteeing the quality of our work and in ensuring a hassle-free publishing experience for our clients.
What do developmental editors do?
They assist students to focus, develop and organise papers by helping to:
- Conceptualize your project to fulfill the assignment or purpose of the paper
- Create or sharpen your thesis statement, argument and justifications
- Identify gaps in content and suggest ways to fill those gaps
- Ensure paragraph unity of the paper
- Provide transitions from one section to the next
- Develop flow, pacing, and direction
Therefore, to help our clients in getting the most out of an academic editing service, we are constantly seeking professional academic editors to work with us. An academic editor typically needs to have the following qualities:
- Proficiency and competency in English or Malay (for Malay language editors)
- Has the knack for diligently editing, restructuring, and polishing articles written by non-native speakers
- Has prior experience in academic publishing during postgraduate studies
- Extensive subject matter expertise
We prefer editor profiles that reflect the following qualities:
- Master’s/PhD/postdoctoral research experience (studies conducted, papers written/published, papers reviewed, etc.)
- Certificate/experience in academic editing, publishing, scientific communication, journal article writing, etc.
- Experience in editing ESL (English as a second language) manuscripts
- Experience in editing manuscripts in Malay language (for Malay editors)
- Knowledge of style (such as APA, CMS, AMA, CSE, and IEEE) and conventions followed in academic writing
If you think you have what it takes to be an academic editor and would like to scale up your career to the dot com or lap top lifestyle, contact us today and we will get in touch with you for further information!
Applicants must also sign a confidentiality agreement and adhere to our Professional Academic Editor Code of Conduct and Ethics.